Honda Takes Gamers for a Spin in the Fast Lane with Xbox Game Pass
Note: Verizon Media is now known as Yahoo.
- Honda Fan Cup with Xbox Game Pass allows players to compete in their favorite games and win exclusive rewards, including custom Honda Xbox controllers and cash prizes
- Honda to launch exclusive Civic Type R race event in Forza Horizon 5
- Honda is creating new gaming experiences for gamers at all levels
TORRANCE, Calif., July 18, 2022 – Honda today announced the launch of Honda Fan Cup, an engaging new gaming experience and destination, available exclusively with Xbox Game Pass, a monthly subscription service featuring hundreds of high-quality games and new games added all the time.
Honda and Game Pass are teaming up to give fans a chance to play their favorite games with access to exclusive Honda-sponsored tournaments and the opportunity to win cash prizes. Honda Fan Cup, developed in partnership with Yahoo, furthers the brand’s commitment to connecting with gamers at all levels and strengthening its relationship with first-time and multicultural buyers.
“Bringing the Honda Fan Cup to Game Pass players is huge for the brand as we expand our programming to gamers at all levels and share our passion for gaming with Game Pass members,” said Phil Hruska, Media Department Head at Honda. “With these new Honda experiences on Xbox, we will connect the love of gaming with the fun of driving to provide engaging, entertaining and memorable experiences for Game Pass players.”
Honda Fan Cup on Xbox Puts Gamers Behind the Wheel:
- Honda will host a series of free-to-play tournaments that are open to all Game Pass members. The final rounds of each tournament will be livestreamed. Tournament registration is now open at: https://www.start.gg/xbox
- Tournaments will feature cash prizes.
- Honda Fan Cup Play and Win sweepstakes allow participants to play top Game Pass titles like EA SPORTS NHL 22, Tetris Effect: Connected, and Forza Horizon 5 for a chance to win prizes.*
- The Play and Win grand prize will include the classic Xbox Series X Mini Fridge, a 12-month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription, and a pair of custom Honda Civic Type R Xbox Elite Wireless Controllers Series 2. 95 first prize winners will each receive a 3-month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription.
- An exclusive week-long Forza Horizon 5 race event invites drivers to get behind the wheel of the Civic Type R. Players can compete to win a unique Honda hoodie to wear on their Forza driver throughout the game.
- Through the official Honda Fan Cup landing page experience, fans can explore the all-new 2023 HR-V with interactive features like a 360-degree viewer, watch a curated collection of content, locate their local dealerships, and more.
Developed in partnership with Yahoo, the Honda Fan Cup experience is a custom Xbox landing page for Xbox Game Pass members and will serve as the home for all things Honda on Xbox through spring 2023.
“Gamers are known brand advocates, and we’ve worked closely with Honda to develop unique and exciting gaming experiences,” said Elizabeth Herbst-Brady, Head of Global Revenue & Client Solutions at Yahoo. “Gamers have a high bar for brand experiences and content, so leveraging the iconic games available with Xbox Game Pass will provide an incredible opportunity for reach and engagement.”
Throughout the program, Honda will feature a variety of new model vehicles on the Honda landing page. Xbox Game Pass is available on Xbox consoles, PCs, the cloud, and on 2022 Samsung TVs via the Xbox app.
Honda Commitment to Gaming and Esports
Honda has a deep history in gaming, partnering over the past decade with some of the most storied video gaming franchises, including Forza, Guitar Hero Live and Hearthstone Team Brawl. In 2019, Honda significantly grew its gaming footprint by establishing a presence in esports. Honda continues to evolve its gaming and esports relationships to connect with a broader audience of gaming fans. Details can be found here.
*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open only to legal residents of 50 US or DC, 18+. Ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on 9/3/22. For free, alternate method of entry, see Official Rules at http:/rules.xboxpromotions.com/HondaFanCup. Void where prohibited.
Honda offers a full line of clean, safe, fun and connected vehicles sold through more than 1,000 independent U.S. Honda dealers. Honda has the highest fleet average fuel economy and lowest CO2 emissions of any major full-line automaker in America, according to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) latest data. The award-winning Honda lineup includes the Civic, Insight, and Accord, along with the HR-V, CR-V, Passport and Pilot sport utility vehicles, the Ridgeline pickup and the Odyssey minivan. Honda’s electrified vehicle lineup includes the Accord Hybrid, CR-V Hybrid, Insight and, in the future, Civic Hybrid. In 2024, the Prologue SUV, Honda’s first volume battery-electric vehicle will join the lineup.
Honda has been producing automobiles in America for 40 years and currently operates 18 major manufacturing facilities in North America. In 2021, more than 95% of all Honda vehicles sold in the U.S. were made in North America, using domestic and globally sourced parts.
Yahoo is a global media and tech company that reaches nearly 900 million people around the world, bringing them closer to finance, sports, shopping, gaming and news—with the trusted products, content and tech that fuel their day. For partners, we provide a full-stack platform for businesses to amplify growth and drive more meaningful connections across advertising, search and media. To learn more, please visit yahooinc.com.
This article was written by a 3rd party news source. To read the full article, please visit their website.Read the Story