Fighting with FIRE: Log4Shell
Note: Verizon Media is now known as Yahoo.
Arguably among the most consequential – and widespread – security vulnerabilities of the past decade, Log4Shell impacted nearly every company doing business on the Internet Yahoo was no different.
Listen to this episode, as the Paranoids explore how FIRE (the Forensics, Incident Response, Engineering Team) responded to a widespread vulnerability at scale:
- The Role of Incident Response (2:20)
- Hunting for Log4Shell… with Arkime (6:37)
- Trust in Running Large-Scale Investigations (11:50)
- Incident Response Planning (15:25)
- Post-Mortem: Takeaways (20:50)
Hosts: Shawn Thomas (FIRE Chief) and Steven Asifo (Technical Security Manager, Governance, Risk, and Compliance)
Guests: Georgios Kapoglis (Sr. Technical Security Engineer) and Art Maddalena (FIRE Specialist Lead)